The Contribution of Dr. G. W. Leitner, an enlightened Hungarian and a naturalized Britisher, was instrumental in the establishment of this University. He became its first Registrar. Prof. A. C. Woolner, who remained Vice-Chancellor of this University during 1928-1936, played a key role in its development during the initial decades of this century. His statue still stands in front of the Allama Iqbal Campus of the University.
Until independence in 1947 The University of the Punjab fulfilled the educational needs of a vast region of the Subcontinent. Partition of the Subcontinent somewhat reduced the geographical limits of the jurisdiction of the University. However, for many years after independence it still ranged over vast areas including Punjab, NWFP, Baluchistan and Azad Jammu & Kashmir.
New universities were set up later in the country to share responsibility for imparting higher education with the University of the Punjab.The strength of the University Faculty was greatly reduced because of the migration of non-Muslim teachers and scholars at the time of independence. The University functioning was restored, mainly due to the efforts of the eminent educationists like Dr. Umar Hayat Malik, who became the first Vice Chancellor after the independence. Academic programs were initiated soon after the independence many new departments.
University Of Punjab Admission 2017 Application Form Last Date Eligibility Criteria
Latest Admissions Related to You :»
- University of Agriculture Faisalabad Admission Scholarship 2017 For Overseas Pakistani, AJK Application Form Eligibility Criteria Schedule
- DOW University of Health Science Karachi Fellowship Admission 2017 in Post Graduate Courses Programs Application Form Eligibility Criteria
- GIK Admission 2017 in Engineering Programs Test Date Last Date Application Form For Electrical Mechanical Chemical and Computer Engineering
- Get Admission 2017 in FCC Forman Christian College and University Entry Test Last Date Eligibility Documentations
- CMEEF Chief Minister Endowment Fund KPK PMU Scheme 2017 Application Form Download Eligibility Criteria