Bachelor in Dental Surgery commonly known as BDS is listed among the fast trending careers in Pakistan. The program mainly consists of the dentist professional field’s theory work. This brings the students closer to the dental section in medical science. Any of the student who is interested in the details field can adopt the BDS
(I) First Year:
a) Anatomy, Neuro-anatomy , Histology and Embryology
b) Physiology including Biochemistry.
c) Sciences of Dental Materials & Laboratory Techniques.
(II) Second Year:
a) General & Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
b) General Pathology and Bacteriology.
c) Oral Anatomy, Physiology, Histology and Tooth Morphology.
(III) Third Year :-
c) Oral Pathology, Histo-pathology and Microbiology.
d) Oral diagnosis , Oral Medicine.
(IV) Final Year:-
a) Prosthetics and Prosthodontics.
b) Operative / Restorative / Conservative Dentistry.
d) Oral Surgery, Anaesthesia, Forensic Medicine, Toxicology,
Career At Dentistry:
Sedentary lifestyle and busy schedule is having effect on teeth of the people in general as well. As such a visit to a Dentist becomes a necessity. This creates a huge opportunity of employment for Dentists.
Here are Colleges/Universities which is currently offered the BDS Degree In Pakistan.
How to Become A BDS Doctor in Pakistan Bachelor Of Dental Surgery
Some of the eminent terms for the admission in BDS are as follows:
- All the applicants are required to pass the special entry test of SAT II for getting admission.
- The matriculation marks will carry the 10% in the final selection whereas the intermediate will account 40% marks score.
- The entry test will also involve the 37% marks and interview conduction will also accompany the 12% marks in final merit list.
- The students must have passed the chemistry, physics and biology in intermediate in passing percentage.
- In the SAT II test the students must have to score minimum 550 marks.
- For the A level students they have to get maximum 60% marks in chemistry and biology subjects.
- There is no age limit for getting the admission in BDS.
- The foreign students can just get the admission after passing the SAT II test. Furthermore, they are also required to submit the educational certificate from Ministry of Education along with the application forum.
Bachelor Of Dental Surgery BDS Career Option
The advantageous courses in four years of program help the students to get closer to the professional areas. As the years passed the student get more enthusiastic for making his professional career and these courses certainly help him or her to choose the just the right field work. Some of the prominent job areas are as follows:
- Educational Institutions
- Health Care Centers
- Service divisions
- Rescue Centers
- Dispensaries Stores
EMPLOYMENT AREAS FOR BDS STUDENTS:
- Senior Dentist Officer
- Dentist Teaching Staff Member
- Professor and Lecturer
- Marketing Executive for BD
- Assistant Professor of Cardiology
- Assistant Professor of Pharmacology
- Assistant Professor of Head
- Assistant Professor of Orthopedics
- Health Advisor
- Manger of Health Care Center
Bachelor Of Dental Surgery (BDS) Scope, Subjects Syllabus, Admissions in Pakistan information is given in this article. The students can apply for the BDS right after their medical in intermediate. The details are updated here time to time so stay connected