D.Pharm one of the emegering fields in the medical science is giving it ways to new and young people. The students interested in the D Pharm can apply for it soon after the intermediate education. Here we have provided you all the ifnromation which will be helpful for you.
Type of course
- Pharm D– Pharm D stands for Doctor of Pharmacy. It is a Post Graduate Doctorate Degree program.
- B Pharmacy– It stands for Bachelor of Pharmacy. It is an undergraduate level Bachelor’s Degree course.
- Pharm D– Course duration is 6 years. Academic period lasts for 5 years. 1 year is dedicated towards internship.
- B Pharmacy– Course duration is 4 years. All four years consists of academic program only. Internship is not present in this program.
Degree and Title obtained after course completion
- Pharm D– After completing this course, successful graduates will get title of Doctor (Dr).
- B Pharmacy– After completing this course, successful candidates will get Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy.
Course content and structure
- Pharm D– It focuses on fundamental concepts of pharmacy, clinical pharmacy, healthcare studies, pharmacy practice and pharmaceutical care.
- B Pharmacy– It is a research and industry oriented course. It focuses on drug manufacturing, research, quality control and general pharmacy studies.
- Pharm D– In India, two formats of Pharm D courses are available- Pharm D (6 years long course) and Pharm D (Post Baccalaureate) course (3 years long). B Pharmacy graduates may pursue 3 years long Post Baccalaureate Pharm D program after graduation.
- B Pharmacy– Only one format of this course is available (Degree program). 3 years long Diploma version of this course is available too (Diploma in Pharmacy).
Job profiles and prospects
- Pharm D– After completing the course, one may find work in Hospitals, Clinical research organizations and pharmacy colleges. Job profiles available are- pharmacist, healthcare professional, consultant, research professional and clinical scientist.
- B Pharmacy– After completing the course, one may find work in medical shops, Colleges, pharmaceutical companies and research firms. Job profiles available are- pharmacist, teacher/instructor, shop owner, marketer and research professional.
- Pharm D– Has got good ‘work abroad’ scope associated with it. Pharm D is the minimum degree required to practice as a pharmacist in many developed countries.
- B Pharmacy– Though it has decent work scope in India, it is not so widely accepted in developed countries (Pharm D is the minimum qualification there). In case you want to work abroad, you may pursue Post Baccalaureate Pharm D program and improve your chances of landing a job!
- Pharm D– Since this is a doctorate degree, the best available PG course would be PhD.
- B Pharmacy– Graduates may go for M Pharmacy or Pharm D (Post Baccalaureate) after completing Bachelor’s course.
How to become Pharmacist Pharm B Pharm in Pakistan
I have been admiring the work of doctors, pharmacists and other medical specialists, their courage, determination and dedication to their noble profession. That’s why I made up my mind to develop my own career on this field as I had always been good in science especially chemistry and biology. I started getting interest in pharmacy.
I do not mind starting my career in a hospital or clinic or health care facility, when I would be a pharmacist, consulting medical personnel on properties and effects of drugs and other medical related issues. I can also work together with therapists, physicians or other health practitioners.
It is a great honor to help dozens of people every day to sustain their hopes for better to bring long-awaited relief and positive changes to their lives.
- University College of Pharmacy, University of the Punjab, Lahore.
- Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi, Karachi.
- Faculty of Pharmacy, Sindh University, Jamshoro.
- Faculty of Pharmacy, Islamia University, Bahawalpur.
- Department of Pharmacy, Peshawar University, Peshawar
- Faculty of Pharmacy, Bahauddin Zakriya University, Multan.
- Faculty of Pharmacy, Gomal University, D. I. Khan.
- Department of Pharmacy, Lahore College for Women University, Lahore.
- Department of Pharmacy, Sargodha University, Sargodha.
- Department of Pharmacy, Balochistan University, Quetta.
- Department of Pharmacy, Federal Urdu University, Karachi.
- College of Pharmacy, GC University, Faisalabad.
- Institute of Pharmacy, Kohat University of Science & Technology, Kohat.
- Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore.
- College of Pharmacy, Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi.
Pharmacy leads directly to a career which does not just involve lab work. It seems to be a good career, fairly good pay and lots of job opportunities.
Employment of pharmacists is expected to increase by 25% from 2010-2023 i.e. faster than the average for all occupations.
Here we have provided you all the details. For more updates keep yourself updated by viewing our articles. The details information is mentioned here so stay connected