Pharm-D a branch of medical science which is now dealing with healing people by medicines. It involves trails, details, tests in laboratory. The details are mentioned here for the students who want to join this field.
Course content and structure
- Pharm D– It focuses on fundamental concepts of pharmacy, clinical pharmacy, healthcare studies, pharmacy practice and pharmaceutical care.
- B Pharmacy– It is a research and industry oriented course. It focuses on drug manufacturing, research, quality control and general pharmacy studies.
- Pharm D– In India, two formats of Pharm D courses are available- Pharm D (6 years long course) and Pharm D (Post Baccalaureate) course (3 years long). B Pharmacy graduates may pursue 3 years long Post Baccalaureate Pharm D program after graduation.
- B Pharmacy– Only one format of this course is available (Degree program). 3 years long Diploma version of this course is available too (Diploma in Pharmacy).
Major Subjects of Doctor of Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry-I (Organic)
- Pharmaceutical Biochemiry
- Pharmaceutics-I (Physical Pharmacy)
- Physiology & Histology
- Pharmaceutical Mathematics & Biostatistics
- Pharmaceutics-II (Pharmaceutical Preparations)
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics-I
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Pakistan Studies and Islamiat (Compulsory)
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics-II
- Pharmaceutics-III (Dispensing and Community Pharmacy)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry-II (Analytical)
- Pharmaceutics-IV (Hospital Pharmacy)
- Pharmaceutics-V (Clinical Pharmacy-I)
- Pharmaceutics-VI (Industrial Pharmacy)
- Pharmaceutics-VII (Biopharmaceutics)
- Pharmaceutics-VIII (Pharmaceutical Quality Control)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry-III (Medicinal)
- Pharmaceutics-IX (Clinical Pharmacy-II)
- Pharmaceutical Technology
- Forensic Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Management & Marketing
- Computer and its Applications in Pharmacy
What is the Pharmacist Career in Pakistan After DPharm and BPharm Degree
Pharmacy leads directly to a career which does not just involve lab work. It seems to be a good career, fairly good pay and lots of job opportunities. Employment of pharmacists is expected to increase by 25% from 2010-2020 i.e. faster than the average for all occupations.
Some of the companies are as follows:
Barrett Hodgson Pakistan
Bayer Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd.
Consolidated Chemical Laboratories (Pvt) Ltd.
Efroze Chemical Industries (Pvt) Ltd.
Ferroza International Pharmaceuticals (Pvt) Ltd
Hakimsons Chemical Industries (Pvt) Ltd.
Hamdard Laboratories (Waqf) Pakistan
ICI Pakistan Limited
Karachi Chemical Industries (Pvt) Ltd.
M & B Pakistan Ltd.
Macter International Limited
Novartis (Pakistan) Limited
Novartis Pharma (Pakisan)
Nucleus Pharmaceuticals (Pvt) Limited
Remington Pharmaceutical Industries (Pvt) Ltd.
Roche Pakistan Limited
Smith & Nephew Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd.
Unison Chemical Works
W.woodward Pakistan (Pvt) LTD
Wise Pharmaceuticals (pvt) Ltd
Wyeth Pakistan Limited
Zafa Pharmaceutical Laboratories(PRIVATE)LTD
Zahoor Pharmaceutical Industry PVT LTD
Here we have given all the information which you require. If you want any further information you can comment in the section below. Your all quires will be answered shortly.