Pakistan Railway has announced numerous job posts and have invited the eligible candidates to apply for this golden opportunity. Posts of driver, ticket giver, cashier, conductor, sweeper and mechanic etc, are open for applications. Eligibility criteria vary from primary pass to bachelors from a recognized institute.
Applicants are advised to keep themselves updated about any announcements regarding dates and application procedure, and applicant’s eligibility criteria.
The Railway Board functioned from 1959 to 2000 and was modified with addition of the “Executive Committee of Railway Board” between 2000 and 2014. However, the Railway Board was reconstituted again on 20 February 2015. The Minister of Railways Secretary serves as the official chairman of the Pakistan Railway Board. The autonomous board consists of:
- Secretary (Minister of Railways)
- Secretary, Communications Division
- Secretary, Finance Division
- Secretary, Planning & Development Division
- General Manager (Operations)
- General Manager (Manufacturing & Services)
- Member Finance, Ministry of Railways. This composition could not get parliament approval and presently the Board consists of ex. officio member listed above with three members from private sector, appointed by the Government. The Secretary Railways is also Chairman of the Board. The secretariat of the Board is headed by the Secretary Railway Board. The seat of the Board is the Ministry of Railways, Islamabad.
Pakistan Railways Jobs For All Provinces and Cities
Pakistan Railway is one of the oldest institutes in Pakistan, and was present when Pakistan came in to being. Pakistan’s freedom movement has ab special attachment to the railway. The rail roads still being used were laid down by Brits. Pakistan railway’s condition deteriorated in previous couple of decades, but now it is improving again. Karachi’s green line, Lahore’s orange line and Quetta’s Jafar express are the practical examples of these improvements and developmental growth.
Apply as soon as possible for these jobs, and be a part of this growing industry, and a positive change in Pakistan. All nation cannot afford to travel by air, so we really need to improve our land and rail system to provide the nation with comfort and ease which they lacked before. All eligible candidates must apply before the deadline expires. Good luck!